Cafes & Restaurants
RESTAURANTS & DINING
In Bilpin ~ Kurrajong Heights ~ Berambing
This dining info is correct as of 2021. But places can change so check details online. There's family places, others are fine dining. All these restaurants are close-by & recommended. Call ahead to ensure the restaurant is open and has space available for you to dine. Ask about takeaway if you like!
- The Ivy in Bilpin (previously Apple Bar) ~ Ph: 45082000
Food: great country cooking
Open: Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Ring & check opening times. Driving time: 2 mins from lodge. Loc: 2488 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin
Grumpy Baker & Cafe Bilpin ~ Ph: 45670002
Food: Fabulous breads, pastries, pies & special sausage rolls. All baked onsite. Plus great coffee. Open: 7 days 6.30am - 4pm. Walk from lodge: 10 mins. Driving time: 2 mins Loc: 2481 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin
- Hillbilly Cider ~ Ph: 45670965 Buy all your cider needs plus stop for a delicious pizza. Cooked fresh at Hillbilly cider in their own wood fired oven. Delicious! All 5 minutes drive from lodge. Open 7 days from 10am till 4-6pm. Check closing times. Loc: 2230 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin Web: www.hillbillycider.com.au
- Bilpin Cider ~ Ph: 45670704 Fabulous cider shed 2 mins drive from lodge. Stocks all the famous Bilpin cider varieties. Plus some weekends there's jazz, picnics, food & much more. Open 7 days from 10am until 4pm. Loc:2369 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin Web: www.bilpincider.com.au
- The Hive Berambing ~ Ph: 45672590
- Food: Outstanding roadside diner located at the bottom of the hill on Bells Line of Road below Botanic Garden at Mt Tomah. Has great coffee, delicious toasties, fresh baked sour dough bread plus excellent Applie Pies. One of our favourite places to visit.
- Open: Thursday - Monday from 8/9am. Driving time: 10 mins Loc: 6-18 Bells Line of Rd, Berambing
- Archibald Hotel Kurrajong Heights hotel bistro ~ Ph: 45677140
- Food: terrific family place. Has pasta, steak, seafood, pizza.
Open: lunch & dinner 7 days Driving time: 10 mins Loc: 1349 Bells Line of Road, Kurrajong Heights
- Lochiel House restaurant ~ Ph: 45677754
Food: Fine dining – awarded Best Regional Restaurant
Open: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Driving time: 10 mins
Loc: 1259 Bells Line of Road, Kurrajong Heights
- Maggie Lous Bite ~ is closed until further notice.
- Kravings at Kurmond ~ Ph: 45731211
Food: contemporary Australian, award winning great for couples, families welcome, special diets OK.
Open: lunch 5 days & dinner 6 days Driving time: 15 mins Loc: 452 Bells Line of Road, Kurmond
- More Restaurants: for Thai, seafood takeaway, Chinese, Italian, bakeries and coffee shops explore North Richmond shopping centre – just 15/20 mins easy drive from Bilpin. Kurrajong village also has many bakeries, great coffee shops and it’s a lovely village to stroll, soaking up real Aussie country town flavour and hospitality. Enjoy great food in the Hawkesbury!
- Bilpin; turn right at Bells Line of Road and go 2kms to small petrol station/mini mart. All basic supplies including bread, milk, drinks and some groceries/vegetables are available. 3 min drive.
- Kurrajong Heights has excellent, well stocked IGA. Kurrajong village also has an IGA; small village supermarket, bakeries, cafes, hardware store, antiques. 10 - 15 min drive.
- North Richmond; large Coles & Aldi supermarkets plus restaurants, bakeries, chemist. 20 min drive.
Bars and/or Bottle Shop: all contact details as listed above
- High Hopes Roadhouse in Bilpin (no takeaway liquor).
- Archibald Hotel Kurrajong Heights bottle shop (10 mins drive) or North Richmond bottle shops (20 mins drive) or Mt Victoria hotel (30 mins drive) for takeaway bottle shop facilities.